Brentor’s fête and produce show will be held on Saturday 25 June 2022. The craft marquee needs stalls, so book yours in advance and please tell your friends if they are artists or craftspeople.
Only one entry per class, 20p per entry
PHOTOS (in colour or black & white)
1) Theme – Around Brentor village
2) Theme – Low light
3) Victoria Sandwich (8in / 20cm tin)
4) Filled chocolate Swiss Roll
5) Set Recipe
6) Cheese scones x 3
7) “Flapjack plus” (think out of the box) – men only class
PRESERVES (jars to be labelled please)
12) Lemon curd
FRUIT & VEG
13) Eggs x 3
14) Broad beans x 3
15) Plate of 5 items (salad and/or vegetable)
16) Soft fruit on a plate
17) 5 Herbs in a jar
18) A twig, a branch and a bloom in a jar
19) 3 flowering shrubs (mixed or the same)
20) 3 roses mixed
21) Jubilee arrangement (Max base 12×12 inch / 30×30 cm)
22) “Second time around” – using recycled items any medium
23) Piece of Artwork in any medium
24) An item of Handicraft in any medium (Sew/Knit/Crochet etc)
CHILDREN (Under 12)
25) Photo – My favourite place
26) A twig, a branch and a bloom in a jar
27) Flapjack x 3
Set Recipe -Light Fruit Cake
(7in / 18cm deep cake tin)
6oz/175g Butter or Soft Baking Spread 6oz/175g Caster Sugar
3 Eggs beaten
1 tablespoon Milk
4oz/100g Dried Mixed Fruit
2oz/50g Chopped Glace Cherries 8oz/225g Plain Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder Topping……runny honey & demerara sugar.
Grease a deep 7”/18cm cake tin and line with greaseproof or non-stick paper.
1. Sift flour and baking powder together.
2. Put the butter or spread and sugar in a bowl, beat together until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs a little at a time.
3. Fold in the sifted flour and then stir in the remaining ingredients (except the topping) until evenly blended.
4. Spoon mixture into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated moderate oven (160C/325F/Gas mark 3) until cooked. About 1hr 45mins to 2 hours.
5. Leave in tin for 5 minutes, turn out and remove paper.
Brush the top with runny honey and sprinkle demerara sugar over.